Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Missoni @ Target - UPDATE!!






I have never seen anything like it. This morning I went to the nearest Target intending to pick up only a few Missoni pieces and even though the store had opened only 20 minutes prior, would you believe that just about everything was snatched off of the racks?! From what I was told, shoppers were lined up at the door prior to the store opening and when the gates were opened, shoppers ran into the store snatching all of the Missoni pieces they could hold. By the time I arrived, thinking that 8:20 was plenty early enough, I was able to snag a few pieces but nothing on my list. I can say that the quality of the pieces is incredible for the price and the collection looks even better in person. My first thought was to try and shop for the items this morning online, but several shoppers told me that they tried to do the same thing and the website froze upon checkout forcing them to come into the store to see what they could nab today. Apparently, Missoni has crashed the Target website.

I saw tag-team shoppers, shoppers with carts piled taller than they were, shoppers in pajamas, and oblivious shoppers who had no idea who Missoni is or what all of the hoopla was about, but still got caught up in the frenzy anyway. The few pieces I did grab I had to keep constant watch on because lady kept trying to steal my wrap from my basket. It was the last wrap in the store. I understand her pain, but back up lady!! The wrap was going home with me lol!! Seriously, you would have thought it was Black Friday in the Skyline City Target that I was visiting this morning.

On the bright side, at least I was able to grab a few fab items. One shopper had sisters in Rhode Island and North Carolina and she said that they couldn't get to any of the items in their respective stores because of the crowds, so she was making sure to grab some items for them. From what I was told from a store manager, what is on the floor this week is all that they are going to get in for right now, but in two weeks they will have larger shipments in the stores. So my advice, if you see something you want today - you better grab it if you can because if you blink it will be gone! Then regroup for the next shipment. At least that's my plan :) Happy shopping!

La Toya Michelle
~You are only limited by your own imagination!

No comments:

Post a Comment